Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Elementary One Week (Version 2)

I had to go to my 2nd elementary for the whole day. When I got here my co-teacher gave me the info on how to take a bus there but it was wrong! It only worked if I went to the middle school first and then tranferred to another bus -_-
 
Of course I had checked this info a while back so there was no such drama my first day. I suggest learning to use navermap and checking your city's bus schedule. I found a bus that I could take all the way down :p

When I arrived I didn't see the actual school name. 0.0 I asked an old lady that was was walking through the gate with a kid and she assured my assumption. So I went into the school and explained who I was to another lady and they called for my co-worker there. They were kind of surprised that I didn't have any slippers...not sure why since everywhere else let me use a school pair. I eventually got some from them but decided to buy my own because they're all ugly and cold! Lol

She explained that she would be leaving and I'd work with a different lady for the year. Yaaaay! Why? Not that this lady is bad in any way but the new lady will be none other than my favorite coworker from the middle school~~~! She was a temp teacher so I was sad since she didn't know in advance about what she'd be doing.

Well this teacher had also not finished the lesson plans so that's what we worked on. Of course I introduced myself and had them do the same with a bit of Q&A so they weren't bored. 2hrs per period is long for elementary. I started with 6th grade and they were excited until they learned that I also will continue at the middle school. Unfortunately one girl will not attend for family reasons and will be home schooling. That's not always bad in the states but you can easily reenter the public school system with proper testing. You can't here. For some reason you have to stay in or out after elementary, but don't worry. They can still go to college.

The 5th graders have been taught very well! I was highly pleased with their skills and even inspired to adjust my reward program. Still not sure what the big prize will be. :/

After lunch we had 4hrs of....nothing to do -_- I didn't bring any work because I'd thought we would do some planning. Maybe they would prefer to wait for the new teacher. Understandable.

The principal was willing to let me go an hour early, but my coworker had offered me a ride so I waited. We left and went to Lotte Mart so that I could pick up some things from a leaving teacher. He was eager to get rid of things but I only wanted his hangers, shopping bags and towels. He threw in some school slippers but I still wanna buy my own.

I caught a different set of busses going back because it was too cold to wait too long. All in all it was a great day :)

That garlic bread was kind of sweet...

No comments:

Post a Comment