Thursday, February 9, 2012

Elementary One Week (Version 3)

     Today I spent 4hrs at elementary 2 and taught the 3rd and 4th graders...I think I just realized that I will teach 3rd-9th grade! Luckily over break I made lesson plans for 7th-9th. I finally get to look over the 5th and 6th books so I'm going to plan activities for half of their year too.

     These classes weren't too bad so I'm still thinking of how I want to teach them. The principal wanted me to do an open class but the middle is going to Jeju Mon-Wednesday and I told them I wanted to go too!

     After elementary I had to catch a bus to middle. It was so dangerous!! The bus stop's on a highway and there was no sidewalk for it! The whole time I was like "Don't hit me!" Mainly because in Asia being hit is way more dangerous than the states. Most people will keep going, others will also hit you if you're thrown in the way, or worse! (There are people that will hit you again to be sure you've died. This at least saves them from a possible lifetime of financial medical support. -_-)

     Anywho, I got to middle safely and did a bit of work/ research. Then it was time to head home. I tried to throw things in the wash, cook, and study a bit because I will be very busy for the next two weeks. Unfortunately 2hrs is barely enough time and I was rushing out to Japanese class. I'm happy to have somewhere to go and something to do. I like the people there too. I'm fairly proficient in Japanese and yet I the fact that I can't use English stumps me sometimes. For my other classmates, Japanese and Korean can be used. The high schooler can only help with English so much haha 

     I'm glad he's there though. Helps my argument when I tell people that some kids are working towards what they want in Hagwons. He added Japanese to his schedule because he likes it through and through.

Alright, gotta sleep and prepare for tomorrow. I can be a little late though because we are having the graduation ceremony and no classes.


Lunch at elem2  The dumpling on the rice is good! I find it funny how often they eat quail eggs here.

No comments:

Post a Comment