Sunday, December 11, 2011

3hr Walk of Suncheon

So my city is really small. It reminds me of Chengdu, but that being said I only went in a big circle. I started walking behind my apartment Saturday and there was a big street market of nothin' but seafood! I saw some things I didn't even know existed. I paused every now and then to get up close and personal with the different critters, but I just couldn't picture trying to take them home and prepare them with my limited appliances -_- I only have one measly ... what the heck is this thing called? It's like a portable eye (of a stove) so it's electric, but I can't even choose the heat setting. I think I'll try to see if there are other kinds but that will have to wait. 

Anywho, back to the topic at hand. I also found that in my immediate vicinity there are enough karaoke rooms and PC bangs for days!! I shouldn't be bored after I get regular paychecks :p  I saw a taekwondo school right behind the seafood set ups, so I'm thinking of getting my 2nd degree. I also found a piano school. I figure while I'm here I might as well build some more skills. I may buy a mini piano but it may be better if I actually have a class. I prefer to study in a place that has other people in it.

I went as far as I could and noticed a farming section. I knew my city was pretty rural but I didn't think there would be so many farms in random places. I live in a place surrounded by buildings and then there's an abrupt river and a few farms. Oh well. By the river I noticed that they put up some exercise playgrounds. If any of you have ever been to Asia you must have seen these things. It seems like a total waste to pay for a gym membership here because everything is in these "playgrounds"!! Then again maybe people go with a gym partner. Whatevs.

I crossed the river and decided to just follow the 3 nearest mountains. I am a fairly visual person so I take notice of landmarks to help with my sense of direction. I noticed a lot of shops with those cool little mopeds, scooters, motorcycles and I really want to buy one! Not really here, because I immediately thought I should just buy one in China. For some reason I have no want to drive here. I wasn't even tired and this had to be after an hour or so of mindless wandering. I decided to head towards the "main mountain" and leave the other side for another day's journey. 

I ended up getting to a bridge that I was certain was the direction of my place if I'd turn right. I decided to go left because I wasn't satisfied with the adventure. I totally made the right decision because I came across a McDonald's. I know...I hate the mac, but I walked inside anyway. I debated if I should get fries and decided against it. So I walked through to the other side only to exit into the shopping district. :D Happiness.

I saw a few stores that we don't have back home and decided I may do a different fashion. It was funny because to me not enough people were out on a Saturday!! Of course, that didn't stop groups of kids running circles around me and then finally going in front of me so that I could pass by and they could say, "Hello!!" giggle- run.  -_-  That's not all. I was trying to mind my business but people kept whippin' out the cellies to snap my photo! I'm just hoping I don't end up all over these people's blogs. Unless they are adorning me with compliments >:D hehehe

I passes a trio of older women and heard, "She's so pretty!, She has such style!" 'That's right ladies!' I thought to myself, 'admire all you like!' I know that kinda vain but who doesn't like hearing those comments? I keep getting the WOW when new people see me. Usually middle school kids. I keep hoping that none of my students run into me yet. I do work in a different city, but a couple students live here in Suncheon.

The most important store I found was DAISO~~~~~! It's a dollar store that made me cave and buy a swifer and a sponge and other little house things. I love it though because everything just seems so useful!! I saw a couple of coffee shops and just wondered who the heck introduced coffee to these people!!?? I hate coffee and yet I feel like it'd be rude to turn down their first peace offering :( so I just go on and drink the nastiness. I'm planning to buy some hot chocolate mix and use it at school. No more coffee please?

Oh well I'm in the middle of making my English Winter Camp lesson plan -_- I had the great idea of doing a live Resort Tycoon camp. Then I remembered that it's 10dys long at 4hrs a day...I hope I can really make it interesting for them. I want them to watch Home Alone at least on the last day just to kind of reinforce the "vacation" atmosphere. (My co-teacher said she spent all the school money on the last teacher so I haven't decided if I'll do a party for them -_- I'm not sure how many kids it'll be and I don't wanna just fork out a fortune.)

So I'll update you later~~! Peace Love and Turtle Doves Big Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment