Saturday, December 31, 2011

English Camp

So I had to plan a 2week camp for English. I wasn't sure what to do since I've never been to one hahaha I decided to do a family vacation. I divided the class into families and we learned vocab for going places, asking for help and such.

I have been so strict with these 9students. It's kind of funny. I assigned homework all week really and made them do it in class if they didn't finish. We did a lot of writing assignments too. The reason is because they all only wanted to play games and watch movies, but i peeked into other "camps" and saw kids doing bookwork. I don't think it's hard book work, but it still made me feel like doing the same.

Everything I had them do had to do with planning a vacation. We did play games and they have definitely gained confidence in speaking English. I tried to play board games but Monopoly, Scrabble, and Pictionary all had pieces missing!!! I wanted to buy a few more, but I didn't want to get Korean games...so I just had them do class things. I'm planning on going to Seoul or Daejon and looking for games in English.

I already bought them magazines for my next project out of pocket... -_- I can't wait till next semester. The school will get their budget and I can tell them what to buy. It's probably not much though :( we are country bumpkins T.T

No comments:

Post a Comment