Friday, November 4, 2011

Rent/Buy a Handuh Pone

Here is the guide i got in June of 2011 at ICN.
(It was only available in Chinese, Japanese, Korean that day so I translated it myself.)

Here is what I gathered shopping around for phones. I heard that non-nationals have problems when entering a 2yr contract, but most of you are only doing a year anyway right?

Regular Phones
A lot of people are getting these phones for about 60,000-100,000won. Then they do a prepaid plan which means you just buy a calling card and replenish the minutes.
There are also plans for simple phones that range from --- to --- won.

Smart Phones
These are always going to be overly expensive because they have to import them. I'm talking 700,000won plus for something you could get at home for $450. Take my advice and do a plan with these. Sometimes you can get the phone free for a 3yr plan. They give you a slight discount for the 2yr plan and I don't think a 1yr plan is possible under normal circumstances.
Lastly, there is a place to get a deal on a phone before you get here. I haven't used it (Got a 2yr on an HTC Raider 4G) but others are very pleased with its service.

No comments:

Post a Comment