Sunday, March 4, 2012

Brown Meetings

Unlike China where my contact with black people were few and far between, here I am able to meet up whenever with them! Of course we have an excellent array of facebook groups for us brown people in different regions of what we call SoKo :)

So this weekend we met up in beautiful Busan! Well, I'm not sure how beautiful it was because it was a cloudy rainy day, but with all that went on it seemed clear and sunny. We met up at the 신세계 Shinsegae department store and chatted in the food court over lunch and then split into groups that went ice skating, to Spa Land and other places. Of course I chose to kick it with the spa group. We stayed in there for our whole 4hr limit. It was only 14,000won.

It was kind of funny to go as a small group of brownies in the mist of milky Koreans, but like always, it was comfortable and we were able to use the bath house, saunas, hot and cold rooms and such without the stares and pointing that people are afraid of. I don't mind being alone in the foreigner sense for the week. It's just nice to see my people on the weekends or on a random Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment