Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year~~~!

So my friend is still in town until New Year's Day. We had decided to shop around some more on New Year's Eve because she just barely got initiated as a JunKi Junkie. ;p
I also wanted to buy more hot guys for my room. We went back to Myeongdong and I got socks galore. I even found Hangeng socks!!! Excitement~~! We went into the underground mall too and then I figured we should hit up Dongdaemun.  It was great. We found a lot of cute outfits and such. I ended up buying a skirt only, because I'm not supposed to be shoppin' yet. I'm supposed to be paying off my debts first! (Will do a finance post later.)

We ate at the burger king in one of the malls and then looked at some more outdoor stalls. Yet again we were swamped with "FreeeeE HuuuuugS"~~~! It was hilarious. We got love confessions, I'm so happy to meet yous, Please hug me toos, etc. I don't know if I've said this before but those kids give great meaningful hugs! I'll hug them all again next year in the spirit of cheer :D

So we went back to the hostel and changed for what? Duh!! Clubbing~~~~!!!!!

lol We walked around Hongdae looking for a poppin' club. I wasn't sure where to go, but thanks to some facebook friends I knew where NOT to go. We picked one with a fairly long line and waited. It started to snow! It was so cool! I love snow. I was in a cute dress and booties, no stockings, but I wasn't that cold. My coat is amazing. I notice that Asians in general seem to love stockings, but I hate them because they itch and if they snag something that's it. Ruined. 

Needless to say I got a lot of "wow" but I was ok with that. We got to the head of the line and were going to show our passports as ID but they guy just stamped us and told us where to pay. My friend went in front of me and the cashier Kissed her on the cheek!! We were shocked because it was not expected at all! We paid and went inside. Luckily my friend's sense of humor is ok because I know some that would have been mad.

We got inside and had to pay and extra 5,000won for coat check :( I really miss clubbin' in China. They must not drink enough here! (just kidding) So we took our free shot and hit the dance floor. The music was ok, but I could tell they were waiting on the countdown. The place was fairly packed and a lot of people were just standing. I started dancing anyway and my friend joined me. We pushed our way towards the dj booth that was on a stage. People were on the stage doing random motions that I'm guessing they wanted others to follow.

Soon the countdown happened and we were showered with white confetti. Some guy had come over to us and told me to "do this!" *places hand over his mouth* So I did. He kissed my hand and I was crackin' up. I know people do New Year's kisses for good luck, but I never expected that! It was sweet because it was fairly safe ahahaha no diseases for me. We kept dancing and the music got much better. About 2hrs later the dj says something and the crowd is enjoying it. Then the lights on the dance floor go out....

Ummm what kind of? lol I just laughed about it because I've never experienced that before. We kept dancing in the dark and it was really funny because the bar still had light and so every now and then people would see us dancing with someone and go "whoa! Do you see those black girls?!" My friend and I are used to that by now so we enjoyed ourselves overall. Some people took pictures with us, my friend got a lot of kisses on the hand and we left into the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment